It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You’re all mad!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"I know I'm mad, I've always been mad."

Sanity is considered on a spectrum from fully insane to completely sane with the middle ground called "unsane". The thing is, if you have the characteristics of being at the top of the sane scale, you're actually as insane as someone at the other end. So I fully agree that I'm mad to the degree of being "unsane".

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
“But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.” “How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice. “You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
On the contrary, I believe you hold dear a popular opinion close to many ATS’ers heart(s)

It’s easier if you acknowledge and then let go of this, then go and live your life with a foot in the faerie world and a foot in the modern world.

a reply to: AllisVibration

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The cure for lunacy is quite simple. I’m a recovering lunatic myself. I doubt anybody participating in conversation here will admit they are a lunatic.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie

The cure for lunacy is quite simple. I’m a recovering lunatic myself. I doubt anybody participating in conversation here will admit they are a lunatic.

I'm a proud practicing lunatic That's what they call the people that don't suck up to the current and past madness.....among other things!

edit on 6-3-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

"And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of illusion."

Life = Momentum + Potential X Spacetime.

Spacetime can last longer than the physical body. Tesla knew that.

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

I thought it’s what they call people burned/charred by moon light.
edit on 6-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It takes one to know one, so hello my friend !

I do see our societies and leaders as totally bonkers.

I see insanity in folks, but maybe it's just their/our way of adjusting to a sick society ?

Please never get confused, when any society, government, employer, whatever : blames the individual humans for major problems. That's called gaslighting.

What remedies are available ?
I think many remedies are available, although not usually supported by any government or major organization.

It is the way it is, so we gotta take care of ourselves, our Loved-ones, as then others if we can.

Where to start ?

So let's say, we start making a list, of what is required to keep a person mentally balanced, so that we may then figure-out a starting point.

Sort of a deprogramming, guide out-of the matrix program, perhaps ?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

That sounds like a good idea!

Here’s some things that have helped me.

First and foremost before attempting anything else, exercise. This will dust off the cobwebs of the mind, balance the body/brain chemistry and help you be present in the moment.

Gratitude, thinking of everything you are grateful for no matter how insignificant, will lift your mood. You still might be mad, but at least you’re the happy sort of mad.

Living and being present in the moment, because when all is said and done that’s the only thing that’s real. The past and future only exist in our heads.

I assume we all have to find whatever works for us though, I don’t recommend the short cuts…

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
By Einstein's definition of insanity, yes, we are ALL insane.

Most are familiar, but just in case:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

"I know I'm mad, I've always been mad."

"... like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even
if you're not mad..."

Love it. Among my favorites by Pink Floyd.

The culture and the times have always determined the scale from sanity to insanity.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don’t know you and haven’t seen you post before to my knowledge.

But man you nailed it. Totally smoked it right on the head.

I’ve never been happier with my choice to completely abstain from social media, it’s been close to 15 years.
I was just discussing at work a similar topic. But I attribute much of the discontent to social media. People are not meant to be bothered with every single mieutua of bad news. We are not made to be inundated with the problems of whole world it’s hard enough dealing with the problems of one life properly.

We are not meant to compare our lives and social standings to artificially created fake people who literally call themselves influencers with the hope to influence us. We are not meant to have the ability to so closely monitor others like that freaky snap chat map I hear about. It feeds our worst qualities.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's all an evil illusion if you want to see the truth you have to ask god to see the truth and have an awakening

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

That sounds like a good idea!

Here’s some things that have helped me.

First and foremost before attempting anything else, exercise. This will dust off the cobwebs of the mind, balance the body/brain chemistry and help you be present in the moment.

Gratitude, thinking of everything you are grateful for no matter how insignificant, will lift your mood. You still might be mad, but at least you’re the happy sort of mad.

Living and being present in the moment, because when all is said and done that’s the only thing that’s real. The past and future only exist in our heads.

I assume we all have to find whatever works for us though, I don’t recommend the short cuts…

Great ! I'm putting the rubber to the road.
Let's help ourselves, and any readers that are willing, to negotiate the matrix, and minimize it's effect on us.

I started by doing a yoobytooby search for a beginners stretch routine, and did this one :

Yes2next : Gentle Stretching for Seniors, Beginner Exercisers

( Every single result on the first page of that search, involves a poster that is either shlepping some kind of product, or is an " influencer ", or narrative pushers. That said : many nonetheless offer free and very helpful info. Just another angle of the matrix. )

I then went out for a 60 minute walk with a Loved-one, having a nice chat, and enjoying the natural scenery.

Gratitude is a lovely idea, that can transform our everyday experiences.
Well cultivated, we can feel it many many times every day.

For those unfamiliar, here is a model. ( Disregard the opening statement about " manifestation ", if you wish. )

Jessica Heslop : Gratitude Meditation ❤️️ 21 Day Transformation ❤️️ 432 HZ

Living in the moment, mindfulness : here and now.

I hope this may be helpful to those not clear on the concept :

Practical Tips to Stay Present and in Stillness | Eckhart Tolle

I hope that together, we have given folks a starting point, to deal with the madness of this world.
My take is that we can work on calming, healing, and taking care of our own well-being, to be able to set an example, or help others still struggling with the societal madness matrix.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot : don't forget to tune-in to my yoobydooby channel, subscribe, and smash that ... LoL !!
Just kidding. Laughter is healing.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

For those unfamiliar, here is a model. ( Disregard the opening statement about " manifestation ", if you wish. )

Yeah I would very much disregard the statement about manifestation. It’s contradictory to the idea of being grateful for what you have for starters. They push the idea that having gratitude for what you have will bring more of the same into your life, which isn’t true gratitude it’s greed and desire. It also tends to be very materialistic, this manifestation idea. Seeking happiness without rather than within.
These new age self appointed guru’s ignore or aren’t even aware you can and should be grateful for what you don’t have too… For instance some disability like blindness, being caught up in a war zone etc… there are numerous examples.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot : don't forget to tune-in to my yoobydooby channel, subscribe, and smash that ... LoL !! Just kidding. Laughter is healing.

Lol it is funny the amount of youtubers that are so keen to self promote, when the majority really need to work on their content and stop parroting what they see others doing. The best do something original, something you don’t see elsewhere on other platforms.

I think a major stumbling block, in navigating the matrix, the real issue for most people, is they are far to comfortable in their own skin as it were. Most people won’t change their ways until a crisis forces it upon them, that could be a nervous breakdown, a heart attack or the break up of a relationship for example. It is only then when hits them, they could have prevented these things if only they had changed their attitudes and behaviour sooner.

To anyone reading this, don’t be that person, don’t leave it until it is to late. Don’t give up when you fail, everyone fails, success is only possible the failure, by learning from and correcting our mistakes, we can even achieve the seemingly impossible. And if not we can certainly improve who we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join