It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World wide recall of stupid teslas autopilot killing people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Teslas have been recalled due to the autopilot being responsible for killing people.

www.tesla.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Good.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

OP has been recalled due to the autopilot being responsible for making things up.

More at 11.

Proof of my claims

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

There’s evidence in YouTube, and other stories.

If you are too lazy to pay attention and drive a car then you should not be driving.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick

There’s evidence in YouTube, and other stories.

Oh, is there?

Perhaps somebody will post it at some point so it doesn't look like you're just making things up.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I have. You must be a Tesla fanboy.

Isn’t the Washington post story self explanatory
?
Have you bothered to look this up yourself?

edit on 14-12-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

OP has been recalled due to the autopilot being responsible for making things up.

More at 11.

Proof of my claims

Not hard to find proof of the autopilot killing people.

www.businessinsider.com...#:~:text=Based%20on%20an%20analysis%20of,the%20NHTSA%27s%20most%20recent%20data.

www.caranddriver.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick

I have. You must be a Tesla fanboy.

And you must fabricate bizarre beliefs about people that make statements you don't like. I am not and have never been a Tesla fanboy. I don't even like power windows and door locks. So, swing and miss.

Isn’t the Washington post story self explanatory
?
Have you bothered to look this up yourself?

I don't need to look it up as I'm aware that autopilot is a dumb idea and has a track record of failure.

The Washington Post is a paid site and if you want others to read it you should probably post a link to an archive site after you save it there, but that would require about 1000× the effort you have put into the whole thread up to this point.

Your OP would seem lazy and low effort on a bathroom stall, so I'm not sure what you expected here. You linked nothing in the OP that makes any sense of your title.

Don't worry, I didn't ruin your thread. You did. I just came in hopes you would take a humorous jab as a wake-up call.

This link is sufficient Yahoo so I don't know why you decided to leave it out of your OP.

The update happens automatically and does not require a visit to a dealership or garage, but is still referred to by the US regulator as a recall.

Lol

So, a pedantic recall?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Some things should be discussed about all of this autopilot talk.

There are 40,000 plus deaths each year in the US because of auto accidents. Easily proven numbers.

Now, let’s say full autopilot cars only kill 20,000.. so is that better than human control or is it a failure of AI control?
Will we be saying that autopilot kills people or saves people?
How will it affect auto insurance?
Who will be liable in lawsuits?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Some things should be discussed about all of this autopilot talk.

Yeah, your other reply had information that wasn't in the OP... which was one sentence that doesn't provide a link to anything salient. I'm well aware of the issues with autopilots. I agree there should be discussion and I've been waiting for people to realize the insurance and liability implications, but the OP was barely a sentence.

The autopilot liability will be an absurd and convoluted mess that will end up in the SCOTUS if they don't figure it out fast. Like most things tech I believe Congress will just wait for lobbyist to draft plans and send them money come election time.

Who always really pays for it? It won't be Tesla or GEICO. I don't know if insurance companies or AI has a stronger lobby right now. I'd love to hear if anybody has legislative or industry chatter on that.

I think this is just one more way cars will be made out of reach for regular consumers. You'll need an AI surety bond for half a mil to register the car, tack on an additional fee for catastrophic fire damage liability, plus one more on your home policy. Nobody likes liability, but they love taking your money while they play musical chairs with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Apologies for what I had said.

I like to writ threads to allow people to do their independent research.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
From what I have read, it is just a software update that removes many of the features. It forces the driver to actually mostly drive than just be a long for the ride.

The real world is too complicated to let auto driving cars out in it except in a few very limited applications. People are not smart enough to program them to handle all situations.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Agreed the cruise control on the kLuger we have us a pain to set. 3 steps.

On our old Range Rover it was one button to set the speed.

Also look how many more serious accidents there are, as cars have slot of safety features, and people drive like idiots, thinking the car will forgive them in a crash.

edit on 14-12-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ridiculous tech for the road. Stupid.
But...
They should have the autopilot self-drive out of the garage when the lithium fires starts.
Or maybe auto-ejection seats so your family doesn't spontaneously combust.
Imagine having your baby in a car seat..yeah no thanks, hard pass.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

More at 11.

Proof of my claims

The horror....

At no cost to customers, affected vehicles will receive an over-the-air software remedy, which is expected to begin deploying to certain affected vehicles on or shortly after December 12, 2023.

top topics

join