It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Conflict of Interest in UAP Investigations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I've recently come across some intriguing details concerning the UAP Disclosure Act of 2023 and the role of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG). I wanted to share this with the community to gather your thoughts and insights.

Background:
The UAP Disclosure Act of 2023 confirms the presence of credible evidence and testimonies suggesting the existence of federal government records related to Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAPs or UFOs) that remain classified. These records haven't been subjected to mandatory declassification review due to exemptions under the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and an expansive interpretation of "transclassified foreign nuclear information" (TFNI).

Interestingly, while the Department of Energy (DOE) handles the declassification of Restricted Data (RD) and TFNI, the responsibility of identifying TFNI is shared with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). Given the ODNI's supervisory role over the ICIG in UAP/UFO investigations, this shared responsibility might present a conflict of interest when ensuring unbiased classification/investigative decisions.

Key Sources and Details:

1. DOE Office of Classification Classification Training Institute Slideshow:

Slide 15 "Agency Roles":

• The Department of Energy (DOE) has the exclusive authority to identify Restricted Data (RD) and to declassify both RD and Transclassified Foreign National Information (TFNI).

• While the DOE and the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) jointly identify TFNI, only the DOE can declassify TFNI.

Also page 87 of IC Authorized Classificaiton and Control Markings

2. Twitter Thread by @shellenberger:

• David Grusch's Testimony:

• David Grusch, the UFO/UAP Whistleblower, provided an extensive testimony to Tomas A. Monheim, the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG).

• The ICIG deemed Grusch's claim, which stated that information was wrongfully concealed from Congress, as both urgent and credible.

• Grusch directed 30-50 witnesses to the ICIG, many of whom had direct knowledge of crash retrieval programs. These witnesses also provided their testimonies and evidence to the ICIG.

• The testimonies encompassed:

• First-hand and second-hand accounts of crash retrieval and reverse-engineering programs by the US, Russian, and Chinese governments.

• Testing of materials from retrieved crafts.

• Active government disinformation campaigns.

• Kinetic military engagements with UAPs.

• Interactions with nonhuman intelligence (NHIs).

• Successful reverse-engineering of a triangle-shaped craft with unconventional propulsion.

Link to Twitter Thread

3. Michael Shellenberger’s Substack Article:

• ICIG's Response:

• Despite the extensive testimonies and evidence, Thomas A. Monheim, the ICIG, seemed to deny investigating these UAP claims in a letter to Congress dated September 15.

• Matthew Pines, a civilian intelligence analyst, highlighted the distinction between the terms "investigations" and other ICIG activities, suggesting that the ICIG might not have denied an "investigation" specifically.

• The ICIG website lists distinct divisions & offices, including audit, inspection & evaluation, investigations, and others.

• Providing false testimony to the ICIG can lead to fines up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to five years, or both.

• The article’s paid section also mentions efforts by Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, Rep. Mike Turner, and Senator Mark Warner to undermine or block UAP-related initiatives.

Link to Substack Article

4. DNI's Profile on ICIG Thomas A. Monheim:

• Career Overview:

• Thomas A. Monheim has held various roles within the intelligence community, including:

• General Counsel of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).

• Deputy General Counsel at the ODNI.

• Senior Legal Counsel at the National Counterterrorism Center.

• Associate Deputy Attorney General at the Department of Justice.

• Associate Counsel to the President at the White House.

• David Grusch's tenure at the NGA (from November 2021 to April 2023) might have overlapped with Monheim's time there.

Link to DNI's Profile

5. Rep. Tim Burchett's Tweet:

• ICIG's Letter:

• Rep. Tim Burchett highlighted a letter from the ICIG, raising concerns about the ICIG's actions concerning the information they received from David Grusch on UAP crash retrieval programs.

• The ICIG's response suggests that they only provide information to the intelligence committees and are not required by statute to brief any other member of Congress, including the House Oversight and Accountability subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs who held the hearing on Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena

• The ICIG's response does not deny interviewing witnesses who corroborated Grusch's story.

• Avril Haines, the DNI, has expressed trust in Monheim, stating that he possesses "the utmost professionalism and integrity."

Link to Tweet

6. The 2010 Intelligence Authorization Act formally established the Office of the Inspector General of the United States Intelligence Community within the ODNI.

[The 2010 Intelligence Authorization Act
There is within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence an Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community.
(Pub. L. No. 111-259, sec. 405, § 103H(a), 50 U.S.C. § 403-3h (2010))
The Inspector General shall report directly to and be under the general supervision of the Director of National Intelligence.
(Pub. L. No. 111-259, sec. 405, § 103H(c)3, 50 U.S.C. § 403-3h (2010))
The Director of National Intelligence may prohibit the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community from initiating, carrying out, or completing any investigation, inspection, audit, or review if the Director determines that such prohibition is necessary to protect vital national security interests of the United States.
(Pub. L. No. 111-259, sec. 405, § 103H(f), 50 U.S.C. § 403-3h (2010))]

edit on 16-10-2023 by freedomfacade because: Ran out of characters, reformatting

edit on 16-10-2023 by freedomfacade because: fixed italicization

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: freedomfacade

Given the intricate relationships and responsibilities within the Intelligence Community, I'm grappling with a few interconnected points:

1. The 2010 Intelligence Authorization Act formally established the Office of the Inspector General of the United States Intelligence Community within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). This suggests that while the ICIG is positioned within the ODNI, it also has the mandate to oversee the entire Intelligence Community, including the ODNI itself.

2. The UAP Disclosure Act of 2023, as part of the 2024 NDAA, highlights an over-broad interpretation of "transclassified foreign nuclear information" (TFNI). This interpretation is being used to exempt UAP/UFO information from mandatory declassification review, citing the Atomic Energy Act of 1954. Given that the DNI has the authority to identify TFNI, this raises questions about the potential for conflicts of interest.

3. I’ve come to understand that David Grusch's attorney is Irvin Charles McCullough, who notably served as the first Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (and also was responsible for leading the examination of Hillary Clinton’s emails about classified material that they contained).

Considering all the above, I'm eager to understand if there's a genuine conflict of interest in the UAP investigations, especially given the ICIG's position within the ODNI and the DNI's authority related to TFNI. I might be off the mark, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on how these dynamics play out, especially considering the ICIG's extensive history within the Intelligence Community.

Your insights and discussions on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Honestly, I think the whole investigation/disclosure is just another diversionary tactic to be pulled out of the closet whenever information starts coming out about political dirty dealings or DC needs to divert our attention away from the latest shady thing they're up to.

Of course we're going to waste a lot of effort arguing over whether or not there's conflict of interest, information being withheld, etc !

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Very good and interesting thread, freedomfacade.

Just one thing regarding the formatting. You need to close the last italic tag in your OP. It's making all the subsequent posts italics, too.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Very good and interesting thread, freedomfacade.

Just one thing regarding the formatting. You need to close the last italic tag in your OP. It's making all the subsequent posts italics, too.

Good point! It's fixed already.

From the OP, Shellenberger's twitter thread was mentioned as a source after this:

• First-hand and second-hand accounts of crash retrieval and reverse-engineering programs by the US, Russian, and Chinese governments.

We know Grush claims only second hand information, and maybe he's telling the truth that people told him stories about non-human biologics in crash retreivals.

But how do we know what the first hand accounts told the ICIG? For all I know their testimony could have been "Yes I did tell Grusch that as part of a disinformation campaign" and then both the second-hand witness , Grush, and the first-hand witness could both be telling the ICIG the truth, and the intelligence community is not going to want to publicize this type of thing so of course they will try to hide it, and maybe they can use special language about exactly what constitutes an "investigation" to make apparent non-denial denials.

edit on 20231016 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Sorry everyone, fixed the italics issue

Dozens Of Government UFO Whistleblowers Have Given Testimony To Congress, Pentagon, And Inspectors General, Say Sources - link
Michael Shellenberger, Andrew Mohar, AND Phoebe Smith

Testimony has included both first-hand and second-hand reports of crash retrieval and reverse-engineering programs by US, Russian, and Chinese governments; the testing of materials obtained from retrieved craft; active and ongoing government disinformation operations; kinetic military action with UAPs; contact and collaboration with nonhuman intelligence (NHIs); and the successful reverse-engineering of a triangle-shaped craft with unconventional propulsion.

earlier in the article:

But the sources, who asked to remain anonymous and are all in a position to know, told Public that, in addition to the whistleblowers reporting wrongdoing, between 30 to 50 government employees or contractors have gone to the DoD’s All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) to offer testimony about UAPs.

Shellenberger is connected to Thiel and News Nation, which leads me to believe he has access to some pretty close sources.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With the way National Security is, easy to get anything and everything classified. Very difficult to get anything released.

With the approach Steven Greer has taken so far, getting people that are on the edges of the scene. Have not fully been read in and deep with the situation, but seen bits and pieces. it is safer for them than for those held by a non disclosure agreement on these issues.

Perhaps another Ellsberg pentagon papers as with Vietnam could crack the silence? it is going to be dangerous without some support. Easy to debunk, delete and plug the leak without some kind of sanction. Extraordinary claims do need some extraordinary evidence.

With some testimony pointing to a situation like this:

I Was Earth's Ambassador for A Murderous Alien Race

Who wants to put their name in releasing such information to the public? Maybe it is not that bad or just a small part of the picture. Without any kind of solution to these kinds of problems, how is public panic going to help any? Having a few billion rather than a few hundred or thousand working on this problem can make a difference? What if that is our only hope as nothing changes otherwise.

I don't know what the real situation is. A big competitive advantage in the technology.is one motivation to keep the silence. As for what actually lurks in the darkness and unknown??? if there is one thing that could change the current middle east dramas, something like this could do it, maybe?

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I completely concur with your observations on the intricacies of national security and the inherent challenges tied to declassification. The layers of secrecy, particularly when it pertains to subjects as sensitive as UAPs or potential extraterrestrial encounters, are indeed profound.

Dr. Steven Greer's approach, as you highlighted, appears to be tactically astute. By engaging with individuals who've had tangential experiences or insights, he's piecing together a broader narrative without directly confronting those bound by stringent NDAs. It's a fine line between unearthing the truth and ensuring the safety of contributors.

Your comparison to the Ellsberg Pentagon Papers is thought-provoking. Such a monumental disclosure undeniably rocked public trust during the Vietnam era. Following that line of thought, one can't help but think of Edward Snowden and the immense legal challenges he faced post his unauthorized disclosure of national security information (NSI). The stakes with UAPs and potential extraterrestrial encounters might be even more monumental, given their global implications and the profound existential questions they pose.

The "I Was Earth's Ambassador for A Murderous Alien Race" reference, while rooted in the realm of creepypasta fiction, does underscore the potential gravity of the situation. It serves as a stark reminder of the weighty consequences and societal ramifications that could arise from such disclosures.

Your point about the power of collective problem-solving resonates deeply. There is indeed a pressing issue related to UAPs or extraterrestrial entities, mobilizing the collective intellect and resources of billions might be our best shot. Diverse perspectives often lead to groundbreaking solutions.

That is actually why I brought my findings here. I have found the legislation that lays out the power structure and classification authorities, and I think I just stumbled on a major problem that might be key to the truth coming out. Spread the word, and share your perspective on these issues.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ODNI DoD Annual Report on Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena 2023

Page 4
“This report was drafted by AARO and ODNI’s National Intelligence Manager for military integration (NIM-MIL) and coordinated with … ODNI’s National Intelligence Council, the Department of Energy, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, the DoD Joint Staff, … the Office of Naval Intelligence/National Maritime Intelligence Center, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, … the Air Force Research Laboratory, … the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, … the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Marine Corps, the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Space Force”

So the agencies who have told us nothing have nothing to tell us again?

Funny how those with a direct conflict of interest (like the DOE) who have the authority to classify UFO matters with the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and exempt them from mandatory classification review, are working with AARO.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks for the feedback.

i don't know if any treaties have been made with any alien faction/s. If so and part of those terms are to keep the situation secret, it does give the impression there is some fear on their side on word getting out. Maybe they know it can make their job harder in some ways? On the surface they may not want to scare the farm animals or disrupt some corporate operations.

Maybe someone has some psychic connection to some backup deep in space. What if someone could get some jinn or other paranormal entities on board to help with the fight. Maybe someone comes up with a McGyver quick hack to expose some weakness. Could some chi from martial arts master help? Maybe it could help the worlds intelligence and military community unite on an issue.
edit on 20-10-2023 by kwaka because: added chi sentence.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 20-10-2023 by kwaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The creepy pasta angle and just call it fiction could be another way to get some situational awareness out. It is a blurry and murky way with so much fiction out there already. Which stories hold some truth and which parts, which are deep in fantasy?

Its a safer way for those releasing the data and an option. Coming across the SCP foundations did open a world of possibilities. In parts it comes across as a collection of creative writers. As for some of the culture, anomalies and threats discussed maybe there is something deeper going on?

Perhaps wrapping it up in some space game is another way. Or has that already been done with different aspects in various ways.

For those stuck deep in ET swamp, there does appear to be more willingness to get the facts out than what there was 60 years ago. Is there enough for a breakaway faction to stand against those that will never let such information out?

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sometimes I think with government red tape and lack of communication between agencies, that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone2

replySometimes I think with government red tape and lack of communication between agencies, that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

That is by design with the compartmentalized system that has developed from the days of Majestic 12. Lots of argument over the details, some group got put in charge after Roswell set off alarms.

As for what this group has evolved too these days, got some concerns with people like Adam Shiff on the National Intelligence security council. I don't how well read in he is, but with that kind of culture on the oversite committee it is a warning sign.

It is a tough job finding the right line in security at times. Not enough and someone will just walk straight through. Too much and no one can use it.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

My account wouldn't let me log in or reset my password, so I had to make a new one lol

I made an interactive map for the conflict of interest situation, let me know if you have suggestions:

Interactive Map

Feel free to share this and spread the message!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: freedomfacad

Good work. It is a complex and intricate situation. Thanks for an overview.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   
double post
edit on 28-10-2023 by kwaka because: double post

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hopefully the truths comes out.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
About me, the Pentagon (AARO) wants to stop the Moheim investigation with the recent report
edit on 30-3-2024 by gippo88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join