It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Accelerometer anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   
sauce

So this is a new way of navigating that the RN is working on, it does away with the need for GPS and strikes me like a new, improved form of the old inertial navigation thing that planes used to use back before GPS was a thing.

Essentially it is a device that cools and traps a bunch of Rubidium atoms until they start to perform like a wave and it measures the change in them relative to the position of the vehicle.

Should be pretty good for subs at least which cant use GPS.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Actually makes me wonder if there is some sort of plan to take down most of the Nav sats up in the sky... It would make sense as a way of giving one side a huge advantage in war.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Likely submarine drones too?

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yeah could be a heck of a leap forward in naval power if it comes off, right?

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I wonder how that proposed system matches up with something entirely different? In 2017 a lengthy paper, Pulsar Positioning System was printed in the International Journal of Astrobiology and explained how pulsars can be used to precisely predict locations anywhere in the galaxy! In the lengthy paper by Clement Vidal, he and his team speculates that such a system may already be in use by space-traveling beings as such guides would be necessary for high-velocity ships. He goes on to suggest that pulsars may be entirely natural or they may be created beacons. And, he suggests, they may also be sending us messages if only we could decode them. Vadal cites a study by a fellow named Edmondson that found up to 6 pulsars aligned with 6 habitable stars.

I've had a theory for decades that comets are really habitat star ships arriving from all over the galaxy to visit this wonderful place. I checked for the deep space origin of one long-period comet and it matched with a pulsar in that region. Is that any sort of proof? No, but any one determining the point in space from where long-period comets appear may find similar results.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Observer19

Thats a nice theory, could make for a c racking space opera type story

top topics

join