It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindless Tools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Oh no I didn't mean to quibble with the word, I meant any content with emotion involved opinion. Your analogy is fine.

Keep in mind I'm kind of tired right now and I'm not able to come across eloquently. Yerba mate and staring into space.

And yes that is true about tribalism and how corporations use it to hijack. The whole world be damned. I guess I'm just trying to carve out my little corner of conversation. Where we don't have to be all *that* involved. And if someone wants to know they can ask.

That's understanding that things run on and tensions get heated. No biggy.

Glad you asked me and + 1 (🌟),..
edit on 24-4-2023 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

edit on Mon Apr 24 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: igloo
You sew what you rip.

or perhaps, "you reap what you sow" Galatians 6-7

www.biblestudytools.com...

Or, perhaps, someone is much more clever than you.

And you could never admit it.

And you will always gripe and moan and bitch instead.

We’ve all seen this for years. God bless you and the shortfall. Don’t hate you, feel bad instead.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   

They are ALL fake news.
They are ALL Controlled Opposition.
They all have a few things in common: They all attempt to sway your opinion and divide you. They sew fear.
They tell you who is right and who is wrong.
They tell you who dislikes you and who to dislike.
They tell you everything negative about those they want you to disagree with and nothing positive.
They tell you everything positive about those they want you to agree with and nothing negative.
They tell you lies.
This goes for ALL MSM.

Why do they do this?
Sure, they do it for ratings, and they do it for money but they mostly do it to sew division. Those who run the MSM know what we fear, they know we are tribal by nature, and they use it against us. Those in government (on both sides) benefit, so they allow it to continue.
The fear they sew, in conjunction with our tribal mentality, make us the perfect tools to widen the divide even farther.
They divide us by Religion.
They divide us by Class.
They divide us by Sex.
They divide us by Gender.
They divide us by Income.
They divide us by Race.
They divide us by Sexual Preference.
They divide us by Political Parties.
They even divide us by Vaccination Status.
When we fall into the trap of picking our “tribe” over objective truth, we become their tools. Just as the non-thinking hammer the construction worker swings, just a mindless tool, to be used.

I'm sure being well versed in rhetoric you'll find the divisiveness in your post all by yourself...

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Some of their tools are:
Fear- Fear is probabaly their second greatest tool. They constantly use it to turn us on others.

There are more emotions that propagandists like to play on. Fear is indeed a big one, but don't overlook pride. There's also a technique that plays both on pride and fear (see bolded example below).

The Manipulation of Information (Awake!—2000)

Playing on the Emotions

Even though feelings might be irrelevant when it comes to factual claims or the logic of an argument, they play a crucial role in persuasion. Emotional appeals are fabricated by practiced publicists, who play on feelings as skillfully as a virtuoso plays the piano.

For example, fear is an emotion that can becloud judgment. And, as in the case of envy, fear can be played upon. ...

Hatred is a strong emotion exploited by propagandists. Loaded language is particularly effective in triggering it. There seems to be a nearly endless supply of nasty words that promote and exploit hatred toward particular racial, ethnic, or religious groups.

Some propagandists play on pride. Often we can spot appeals to pride by looking for such key phrases as: “Any intelligent person knows that . . .” or, “A person with your education can’t help but see that . . .” A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.

Some specific examples of the bolded technique, the reverse appeal to pride that plays on our fear of seeming stupid:

- Richard Dawkins at 0:50 - 1:00, note the remark and contrast put between a "naive person" (the supposedly 'stupid' one that won't go along with the attemped re-definition of "nothing" by physicists like Lawrence Krauss and Stephen Hawking) and a "sophisticated physicist" (like supposedly Lawrence Krauss and Stephen Hawking, painted or marketed as people who know what they're talking about, and are supposedly worthy to take serious even when they're talking utter nonsense, using contradictory language, including how they use the word "nothing"). This is the more subtle version of the reverse appeal to pride that plays on our fear of seeming stupid (you have to go along with what they're selling, otherwise you're more like the naive person, i.e. stupid, than the "sophisticated physicist", which one's pride will cause a person to want to be more like):

- A more blatant example (more spelled out) can be found by Dave Farina in how he describes James Tour's videos on the origin of life. As responded to by James Tour in one of the videos in the playlist called "Addressing Abiogenesis: Season 02". Having some trouble finding which one, but all throughout Dave Farina's videos he paints a picture on James Tour's videos as being dumb/stupid, and by extension anyone who would agree or take their information from Tour, or would trust him to know what he's talking about and to be honest about it. The smart ones supposedly choose Dave Farina's side. Just like the technique described on the next page of the article about propaganda I quoted from before (which is related to this reverse appeal to pride that plays on our fear of seeming stupid):

... Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. Often their real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure—so they say.

After all, according to Dave Farina (and the OOL researchers he's had on his show), you're on the side of science if you accept their teachings and opinions (as science). I.e. you are one of the smart ones, and you're in good company with the other 'smart scientists'. That's playing on both pride and fear (of seeming stupid otherwise, i.e. if you don't buy into what they're selling).

Oh, source for the 2nd page of that article is in my signature.

By the way, Dave Farina also makes many attempts to get his fans to hate James Tour and whatever he has to say about the subject, involving many false accusations concerning supposed deception by James Tour (and other accusations). So hatred is another emotion being played on by Dave Farina for his audience (his fanclub mostly, which is big, his videos get millions of views, cause they all want to feel smart, and Dave sure knows how to push that pride button in his audience). So that's why I didn't skip the paragraph earlier about hatred. It also plays a big role in left vs right politics.
edit on 12-5-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

They are ALL fake news.
They are ALL Controlled Opposition.
They all have a few things in common: They all attempt to sway your opinion and divide you. They sew fear.
They tell you who is right and who is wrong.
They tell you who dislikes you and who to dislike.
They tell you everything negative about those they want you to disagree with and nothing positive.
They tell you everything positive about those they want you to agree with and nothing negative.
They tell you lies.
This goes for ALL MSM.

Why do they do this?
Sure, they do it for ratings, and they do it for money but they mostly do it to sew division. Those who run the MSM know what we fear, they know we are tribal by nature, and they use it against us. Those in government (on both sides) benefit, so they allow it to continue.
The fear they sew, in conjunction with our tribal mentality, make us the perfect tools to widen the divide even farther.
They divide us by Religion.
They divide us by Class.
They divide us by Sex.
They divide us by Gender.
They divide us by Income.
They divide us by Race.
They divide us by Sexual Preference.
They divide us by Political Parties.
They even divide us by Vaccination Status.
When we fall into the trap of picking our “tribe” over objective truth, we become their tools. Just as the non-thinking hammer the construction worker swings, just a mindless tool, to be used.

I'm sure being well versed in rhetoric you'll find the divisiveness in your post all by yourself...

Did this thread strike a nerve?
Show me I will wait.
edit on 12-5-2023 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Thank you for the detailed response. Their tools are numerous, the mindless human ones seem to be anyway.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
He gets it.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Uhmmm.... Maybe not...

Who are "they"?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Uhmmm.... Maybe not...

Who are "they"?

The global elite that control you and the way you think.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: igloo
You sew what you rip.

or perhaps, "you reap what you sow" Galatians 6-7

www.biblestudytools.com...

Or, perhaps, someone is much more clever than you.

And you could never admit it.

And you will always gripe and moan and bitch instead.

We’ve all seen this for years. God bless you and the shortfall. Don’t hate you, feel bad instead.

I can see by this post of yours, I'll never be as clever as you.
edit on 13-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Makes sense...

How exactly is this elite defined? Is it by blood, by wealth, by genes, by education. Are they really doing anything or is it you doing their bidding.

I think having the time and money to be able to post on a public message board certainly puts us into a financial elite.

What about you?
They don't control you?
What makes you diffrent?
How do you effectively counter their control?
since when do they control the globe?

Being elite makes you guilty of everything you Accused they, so I wonder how do you wiggle out of that responsibility?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
You know, that is a good point about the money and time to post.
I have often wondered about it.
I think I am on here too much sometimes.
I look at my post count and think, "WOW!, almost 6000 post in 13 years!"
That's a lot of time gone.

Then I look at other people, with close to the same post count, but they've only been here a couple years and I think, "how? These people must have no job or no life, unless ATS is their job?"

I will answer your other questions as time permits.

Happy Mothers day to all the moms reading!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join