It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical School Opens Scholarship to White Students After Federal Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Justice was served after an investigation was launched!!

The Medical University of South Carolina was apparently discriminating against Men and White People in some of their "diversity" scholarship program.

Ironic and sneaky under the table tactics !!! (wonder if somebody was getting paid off?)

An investigation by the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights triggered changes real fast like 😁

Well now what happens to People that were targeted and discriminated against???? 😬

Medical School Opens Scholarship to White Students After Federal Investigation

The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) has revised programs and scholarships to include white students after the Department of Education opened an investigation.

MUSC was investigated by the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) after they were reported for excluding men and white people from some diversity scholarships that required applicants to be from a demographic that is considered “under-represented in medicine.”

The medical school informed OCR in February that they would open up their scholarships to students “regardless of race.”

A February 28th letter from OCR states that: “the University informed OCR that the program is now called the Achieving Health Equity by Advancing Diversity (AHEAD) Visiting Student Program and that eligibility for the program is open to students regardless of race,” before also going on to say “OCR verified that the University’s website now calls the program AHEAD, and that it no longer mentions race, color, or national origin.”

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope this means that we have achieved the equality that made it necessary to put the programs in place in the first place.

I lived during that time when the Negro could not enter through the front door. They could make purchases from the back of the store, they could not try on anything in the store, and could not return any items they purchased, if the clothes did not fit or were damaged. There was separate water fountains and bathrooms. They were not allowed admittance in most schools and even fewer colleges and universities.

I guess when everyone feels the pain of injustice, we can finally close that door and put it behind us.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We closed that door a long time ago. What is happening now is the door was reopened the other way. The people being hurt by it had nothing to do with what happened in the past.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I hope this means that we have achieved the equality that made it necessary to put the programs in place in the first place.

I lived during that time when the Negro could not enter through the front door. They could make purchases from the back of the store, they could not try on anything in the store, and could not return any items they purchased, if the clothes did not fit or were damaged. There was separate water fountains and bathrooms. They were not allowed admittance in most schools and even fewer colleges and universities.

I guess when everyone feels the pain of injustice, we can finally close that door and put it behind us.

Define equality.

Equality of opportunity has been around since my birth.

Equality of outcome….that’s a fancy way of saying hire more ethnic groups because apparently there are not enough….which is racist.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well, that was a positive turn of events. Why do these things even have to happen?

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think anyone can see that the pendulum has swung WAAAAY too far in the opposite direction - your experience of segregation in the sixties is ancient history, and it's painfully obvious that white people are now discriminated against in hundreds of institutions particularly in the United States, but in fact all over the world this is the case in many nations. There is a massive push to edge white people out of opportunity & positions of status. Here in the UK the most under-achieving & under-supported/funded demographic is young white men. They have next to zero opportunities in education, apprenticeships & employment, and indeed there will need to be a determined push to make opportunity & access to opportunity equal in a true sense. Deliberately divisive social planning has caused the pendulum to swing too far to the left in every way conceivable.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There is that old saying about two wrongs not making a right and an eye for an eye making the whole world blind.

There is also a very real truth in that most of the people today who are alive had nothing to do with those times, only the oldest among us, and most of the people most adamant that we need to punish others by reversing those policies never lived under them and want to subject people who had nothing to do with them to them.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Well I don't think it has swung so far that Whites are being discriminated against as severely as Negroes were back during that ancient historical time, barely over 50 years ago.

From the looks of it it, this time will soon be ancient history, and we will all be in the same boat.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's not for lack of trying, and the ones most poisonous about it aren't necessarily blacks although there are enough, but there are a good number of self-loathing white leftists playing the role of savior in there.

new topics

top topics

join