It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Addiction in Humans and Gorillas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lora73

I agree.
I have seen it used to keep small children quiet in doctor's office and Sec of State. That seems to occupy better than books.
Kids need to learn to love reading actual books, it is becoming a lost art.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I think it's rude when people are in a restaurant and not speaking to each other because their noses are buried in their phones.

Yup. I’ve been to company dinners, everyone is on their phones, while I sit there in complete awkwardness, feeling like I should do the same. I hate it.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

We mostly use our phones for things like checking radar and when in the car. It's got a pretty good camera, I'll say that for it. Other than that....occasional texting. I rarely use it as a phone.

Yeah, and a smart toaster isn't used to make toast.

I am old school in that a phone is for talking to another person with a phone. I feel forced by society to use my phone for messages, email, webpages, apps, etc. I have computers for that, or a couple tablets.

A cellphone is portable and pretty good for coverage in most areas for normal phone calls. I have all kinds of numbers to call, friends, family, police stations, hospitals, tow companies, etc. I have reluctantly ended up complying by texting and using apps, but I rarely do unless necessary.
edit on 8-4-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I use a landline for actually talking to people, longish conversations for fun and business.
I cannot get used to using that flat rectangle with internet connection to talk to people.

And I agree, I prefer my desktop and then tablets when necessary.

I don't do zoom or skype either. Ever.
And will resist that as long as humanly possible.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dont TreadOnMe

Kids need to learn to love reading actual books, it is becoming a lost art.

I'm grateful to my grandmother for that she teache us to read and smell of new book is so special, every time I buy a new book I rember of her.

edit on 9-4-2022 by Lora73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I saw a woman who used to walk around my old neighborhood, she had her nose in her phone. Without fail everyday she ran into a pole. Extremely funny. Sad but really funny, she never learned her lesson.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You can use Skype for texting someone without being on camera. I never use the camera, but enjoy skype. They have great GIFs, sticker and emojis to play around with.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
People walk around slowly like zombies, head down in public staring at their screen and obsessed with their social media. Black Mirror did a good episode about this and how eventually your amount of "likes" and views will determine your entire life, from social status to finances and ability to gain employment or associate with others deemed "better" than you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join